Friday 13 January 2012

Driving debacles

Imagine getting ticketed for 'driving too slow'? It happened to my dear friends driving around in the Gulf, and I have to say, I am appalled. I think cops should prioritise helping people in need (my friends were lost and trying to figure out where they were) instead of going on that power trip of issuing tickets.

It ties in to the cops here is South Africa. Across the highway, they sit in various spots with their cameras to ticket speedsters. While I do not mind this because some drivers are absolutely reckless speed demons, their presence has irked some South Africans.

In one of the spots, someone spray painted the word "Asshole" with arrows pointing to the cop with the camera. Tsk tsk. That was removed, and after a few days I saw "Asshole" was replaced with "Still a asshole". While that is grammatically incorrect, I still snickered. "Still a asshole" was painted over and while there was a few days of peace....it now says: "Ok ok dipshit". LOL, really I laughed out loud when I saw this. Further down the highway on the opposite side, I only noticed this morning someone painted on different spot: "Another baboon". Someone clearly has issues with the cops!

PS: Happy Friday the 13th!

3 comments:

Az said...

LOL! It boggles my mind that someone actually took the time and physically went to paint "ok ok dipshit" LMAO. Only in SA.

Happy Friday my friend :))

thegirlhassparke said...

I have always wondered if this could happen, it seems ridiculous especially if they were not on a freeway or something...

Prixie said...

Azra, yeah, only SA :)

Megan: My friend told me she was driving the maximum speed limit, so I am not really sure why they ticketed her.