Monday, 27 August 2012

Chocolate Monday: Week 12

I mentioned in my previous post how busy I have been and how much has happened during my Blogger-ville hiatus. One of the more recent events is that I turned 30! Ten years ago, it was an inconceivable thought. But, lo and bold, time sneaks up on you.

What's a birthday with no cake? So, I baked a chocolate one this weekend. The recipe itself is vegan friendly, but I used nutella as icing (my cheats way out to make baking faster) and I sprinkled flake on top. I gotta admit, I enjoyed this cake. And I do plan to make it again this coming weekend.



Almost vegan friendly chocolate cake. Images taken by Prixie. 
Do you have any baking tips? Do you have a go-to-recipe that always works? Have you baked without eggs? Let me know in the comment section!

8 comments:

Lulu said...

Looks yummy! I am a baking disaster, so I buy muffin mix or cake mix, ready to go. Lol.

Raj said...

Belated Happy Birthday! As for the questions, in my case it's a bit like asking a fish about bicycle gears. ;)

JediChick said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful year. Sorry I can't answer any questions, I don't bake much. But I do have a recipe for a 7 minute microwave chocolate cake...

Azra said...

I'm a great cake decorator. I can do all sorts of things with chocolate :D But don't ask me to bake ;)

Deidre said...

YUM! I have baked without eggs - there is a cook book "babycakes" which is gluten free vegan ...delicious!

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Prixie said...

Lulu: I do so love the ease of those mixes. :)

Raj: Hahah, thanks for the honesty.

JediChick: I have that recipe too!

Azra: Lessons, please! I am an awful cake decorator!

Deidre: "Babycakes" is an awesome name. I need to see if I can find it here.

Sewa: Thank you!

Michael Husen said...

I really liked this part of tht article. with a nice and inieresting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this. Success for you canon Printer Driver