Tuesday 4 September 2007

Sparkling and squeaky

Who would have ever thought that one person could collect such copious amounts of clutter? Erm, maybe not all clutter, but stuff!

You see, in the spirit of spring, I have decided to clean my room, pack my cupboards (yes, cupboards with an S), bring out my summer clothes as my winter ones go into hiding, sort out my book shelf and PC desktop, amongst other things. To those of you who are familiar with my ordered chaos method, you may now pick your jaws up from the floor.

In me doing this, hopefully the clutter in my mind will be easier to sort. You know, when I have room to breath then maybe I am able think better - but that is just my half baked theory. Here's to keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed on that.

In the mean time I will delight in being able to find my hairbrush without sifting through the war fare that was my room.

8 comments:

Pravin said...

The question on everybody's minds is - "How long before your room reverts back to its original state" :P

Thenraj said...

Like ants u r planning for the rainy day(summer) well in advance putting everything in place according to the situation...

My dartboard said...

Well good on you priyakins. I tried it. But some things are not meant to be touched. Upsets the balance of the world. yes I know that is a thin excuse, but that's my story.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Nice. I always feel so good after I put some "order" in my life. :)

Prixie said...

pravin: why doubt me, huh? seriously though, i give it a month - tops. ;p

thenraj: as i often hear: everything in its place and a place for everything

OH: i may have upset the balance of my world, now that you point it out.

jennifer: knowing my messy ways, it aint going to last. SIGH

~Lord Anshul said...

oh man !!! i sooooooo love filthy room..
dennis the menace says " disorganization of my room shows how organised my mind is" :D

--Sunrise-- said...

Hahaha... I have just been on a bit of a cleaning spree in my room, too.. and you are right again - heavens knows how long it will actually last!

Anonymous said...

I too have been a subscriber to the "Ordered Chaos" principle - but alas, recent years (and my mother's sceptiscism over this Principle) have taught me that as much as you think it's acceptable - a cluttered and messy room is a sign of a not-so-clear mind. So, cleaning up the environment around you actually makes a big difference in feeling things are more in order.

The challenge after that is trying to keep it clean...