You reach 30, so do most of your friends ... and suddenly, a baby boom.
It seems most people I know are having babies, talking about babies, or are pregnant. It makes me feel like a weird tourist, pressing my face against a glass, looking in, and merely observing these happenings.
I for one, do not want children. I am as close to being maternal as Pluto is to the sun, even further would be more accurate! Now, here are my reasons why I do not want children, and I know I won't change my mind, no matter how far my internal clock is ticking:
1. Basic maths - why would I want to add to a global population bursting at 7 billion?
2. I'm selfish - I want my time and other resources to be spent on S.0 and I .
3. More goals - I feel I still want to study more, and by George, travel many more countries, and experience so much more...
4. Sleep - I love it, and I need a solid 8 to 9 hours a night - uninterrupted!
5. Maternal skills - I have nothing, nada, zilch, zero... it doesn't mean if I can show a lot of care to the adults in my life, that that is translated to showing it on children.
6. Logic - Some genes should NOT reproduce
7. My nature - I can't talk to, play with, or interact with anyone else's kids. I have not held a baby in my life. Children and I do not mix well at all.
8. Horror movie stuff - I have heard of the process of how the body changes during pregnancy, during birth, and even post childbirth. Horror movies sound more pleasant to me.
I am quite honest and vocal in these personal truths, and I hope I do not offend if it does not fit in with your point of view. And no matter whose child is put before me, these will still be my truths, unwavering, steadfast, and forevermore.