Wednesday 29 August 2007

Blimey, it is the end

It felt as if Harry Potter had become a good friend. I mean even though he had to battle absolute evil, there were so many people that identified with him on different levels. And even if it is not the greatest literature ever written, it certainly was the best selling.

Last night my eyes glazed over the last sentence of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Finished. Gone. Kaput! Now Harry Potter, the friend, will never be read. It is bittersweet.

"Au re-voir 'Arry," as Fleur might say.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the visit.

I am holding off reading the last book for a while as I don't want it to end LOL

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh dear.

I've. Never. Read. A. Harry. Potter. Book.

**gasp**

What's wrong with me? LOL!

Anonymous said...

... Well Jennifer ... I have also never read a Potter book ..... Proud of it though, if you ask me, there's something wrong with everybody else .......

~Lord Anshul said...

lol...this world is made of two type of people...those who love HP..and those who hate him..

no one can be neutral about him. controversial that lil' kid is !!

i belong to the group that hates him

Parth said...

Congratulations to you if you managed to avoid hearing about what happens in the book all this while. The whole world was conspiring on this, as far as I was concerned.

Prixie said...

jackie: i felt the same till curiosity got the better me. sigh, what can i say? i succumb easily!

jennifer: all a matter of preferance I say. to be honest, i first read it to see what the damn hype was about and well, it roped me in to a certain degree.

anon: thanks for stopping by. i think there is something wrong with moi then? ;p

lord anshul: diving the world into 2 factions eh? think a battle will break out? *chuckles*

J said...

Shhhh......... Don't tell me what happened to harry! I've yet to read the book!